Wednesday, September 29, 2010

serendipity

Puppy loves his new blanket. So much so that when I opened the door and turned on the light this morning for reveille, he opened one eye, gave a single small whufff, and promptly closed it again. Durn. Dissed by a dog.

Kitty no longer sleeps on my feet at night, choosing instead the stack of big round throw cushions currently sitting on the bedroom floor. Just the perfect size for his snoozing, And ignoring my frequent ups and downs.

You see, last week the bedroom decor changed from the hues of August amber to September's cranberry. I had placed the throw pillows out of the way, on the floor, while I changed the bed linens.

But, between answering the phone to computer generated greetings (don't you just HATE those) and taking care of puppy desires, not to mention all the other little things that need doing of a morning around here, it was a couple of hours before I got back into the bedroom to put them in their normal place. And found kitty happily reclining atop the stack.

To say the least, he did not take kindly to my suggestion that he move. But a mistake on my part resulted in being able to stretch out my feet at night. Ahhhhhh, serendipity

Man, if I'd known a five dollar blanket and repositioning cushions was all it took to make the two of them sleep later, I'd have done it waaaaaaaaaaay sooner.

1 comment: